Thursday, 31 July 2014

Cancer & Body = Seed & Soil

As I recover from my surgery, I'm reading a couple of beat-cancer type books. The discovery that certain foods influence the behaviour of cancer cells has been astonishing - some foods actively encourage invasive cancer cell growth, whilst others contain cancer-fighting molecules. So, by putting too many of the wrong foods and not enough of the right foods into my body, I have effectively been creating a friendly, fertile environment for my dastardly cancer cells to thrive in.

How did I not know about this? Or - to put it a little more honestly - why have I pretended not to know about this? The body of evidence linking diet to cancer is immense, and not exactly a secret, but I have been too busy to sit down and think much about it, and work out how to nourish myself and my family with a fully fit and feisty cancer-fighting diet.

Anyway enough beating myself up. We've all got to start somewhere, right? And I'm starting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment