Friday, 8 August 2014

Life Haircut

Yesterday I posted a picture of myself onto my Facebook because I wanted a record of my longish dark hair in the summer of 2014. Nobody knows what will happen to it during chemotherapy - maybe it will fall out, maybe it won't, maybe it will grow back the same or maybe it will grow back grey and curly. Either way, I will find out over the next few months and I just need to grit my teeth and get on with it. My first chemo session is booked for the 2nd of September, and then I will have a dose every 3 weeks until mid-December.

I'm giving the rest of my life something of a haircut too. I need to concentrate on (a) health, (b) family and (c) job ... and I'm dumping, delegating or postponing everything else. I have a part-time job in marketing and I also do some freelance and voluntary work. As I struggle to fit everything in at the best of times, I'm worried about feeling ill and getting tired and not being able to cope with these extra demands while I have my treatment. So, with a heavy heart and a worried glance at my bank statement, the freelance work has to go.

3 comments:

  1. it was lovely to see you again at my place, could you contact me privately, jenny.critchlow@btinternet.com, no pressure! MH xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WIth so much in front of you, you are right to concentrate on the most important aspects for now. A x

      Delete